A simple cake perfect with a hot – spiced fragrant beverage – Organic Ginger Coconut Sugar.
250 g Butter – can be replaced with Aliet Green’s Virgin Coconut Oil for healthy baking mix
1 tsp Baking powder
⅛ cup almonds
200 g Aliet Green’s Organic Coconut Sugar
½ cup raisins
1 tsp Vanilla extract
4 tbsp Milk
250 g Plain flour
Icing sugar : Aliet Green’s Coconut Sugar Powder.
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
2. Grease the pan with some Virgin Coconut Oil.
3. Add about a tablespoon to two of flour and mix with the raisins.
This would allow the raisins to float and not sink to the bottom of the cake.
Mixing the ingredients:
1. Sieve and mix flour and baking powder together.
2. Beat butter and sugar with electronic beater until well combined.
3. Slowly add in the eggs one by one making sure they are well mix before adding another.
4. Add in vanilla extract.
5. Fold flour into the mixture and combine the ingredients evenly.
6. Add milk and raisins and pour the mixture into the baking pan.
7. Flake the almonds on top of the mixture.
1. Make sure the mixture is distributed evenly. Shaking the pan would help.
2. Bake the cake for 40 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
3. Once it’s done, leave it on the wire rack to cool and it’s ready to be served!
Serving suggestion :
1. Slice almond raisin cake as desired
2. For a great taste, add icing sugar – Aliet Green’s organic Coconut Sugar Powder as cake topping decoration